Sg2.9
Problem with SC 2.0.025 and A...
Recent RSS
Problem with SC 2.0.025 and Ai CS3 Mac
Date:  20. August 2007, 20:04

Hi,

Ever since I installed the latest versions (Scriptographer Mac CS3 2.0.025 or 2.0.024) it causes a problem in Illustrator CS3 (Mac - Power PC).
I don't know if this happens only to me but here are the instructions of how you can try to reproduce this 'bug':

In Ai CS3, after the 'Progress Bar Window' appears, eg. when saving the document or when is necessary to do a complex refresh to a 'Effect' (eg. Gaussian Blur or Drop-Shadow, Feather...), I loose access to the canvas. I click inside the canvas but cannot move or select any vectors or anything inside the canvas anymore... its completely inaccessible... This is exactly what happens when we normally save a document and the 'Progress Bar Window' shows up. During the the saving progress is logical that we cannot access the canvas, but after that the canvas returns to be accessible again (of course!...) What is happening now is the that after the progress bar window has done his job and disappeared I still cannot access the canvas. It's just as if the "Progress bar Window" is still there.. (strange...).

> When this happens I still have access to:

• I can click trough the options of the top menu bar (Illustrator | File | Edit ...)
  • I can access the top right buttons of the canvas main window (close, minimize, maximize)
  • I can only access and select/move the tabs of the palettes or move the toolbox, but not the tools, they stay inaccessible like the canvas.
  • I can still change tools by pressing the corresponding key on the keyboard, but cannot select them with the mouse/cursor

>I can manage to get things back to normal and have gain access to the canvas again when I do one of the following actions:

• Go to the top Window Menu and reselect/activate a "Workspace" or make a "New View", or make a "New Document" on the File Menu...
  • Click and select/change to a new tab on the palettes or click to collapse/expand the palettes (Collapse to Icons/Expand Dock).
  • Quit and restart Illustrator CS3

OR:

• take out the Scriptographer folder from the Ai CS3 Plugins folder. ;-)

I also noticed that when I open Ai CS3, the Scriptographer Console window is open by default...

thanks.

Re: Problem with SC 2.0.025 and Ai CS3 Mac
Date:  29. February 2008, 19:51

Hi
I am having the same problem with losing the ability to click around on the artboard. I have an Intel Mac and am using CS3.

Even if I haven't used Scriptographer in my file, the problem arises after I print. I am able to click on the menu items and the tool bar, but am unable to actually work on the artboard. The only way around this problem is saving using keyboard commands, exiting illustrator, taking out Scriptographer out of the plug-ins folder and then restarting.

Hope this gets resolved soon! Thank you for all your work on this!

Date:  28. April 2008, 06:57

i have the same problems... (AI 13.0.2, Intel)
its seems that either illustrator or java's latest updates mess with scriptographer.

i get a java error as well sometimes, even when opening a file that has nothing to do with scriptographer...

for now i keep it outside the plugins folder and only put it in when i need it but its really annoying...i hope we will see a fixed version soon...

Date:  28. April 2008, 19:58

There is a new version coming out soon - in the mean time you should be able to solve it by pressing on the tab key twice.. At least, that fixes it here..

Date:  29. August 2008, 06:51

any news when this new version will be out?
months? weeks?

can you give us any update on your progress?

thanks!

Date:  26. September 2008, 20:59

Sam problem. I'll check at home later. I have Leopard and the Java update from last night—might have fixed the problem.

Date:  20. October 2008, 17:14

Same problem I have this on my personal computer (intel macbook pro 10.5) and another computer (g5 ppc 10.4)

glad to know this is a scriptographer error and not a illustrator error but frustrating because i cant use any of the effects.

Date:  2. December 2008, 18:22

I have also noticed this problem when I send a document for print. The artboard locks up but if I click the Scriptographer menu and then collapse the same window directly the artboard and everything else lock up again... If I'm lucky, sometimes AI just crashes before my eyes.

Date:  23. December 2008, 12:45

Date: 28. April 2008, 19:58
There is a new version coming out soon - in the mean time you should be able to solve it by pressing on the tab key twice.. At least, that fixes it here..

• ---------------------------------------------------------------

Any news on this? theres been a post about the cs4 version would be nice to get a fixed CS3 version soon, thanks

Date:  13. March 2009, 22:07

I'm finding scriptographer is going nuts with the new system update 10.5.6 on an intel mac. Is there anything I'm doing wrong. or a workaround. I was hitting tab twice every few minutes.

I finally had the remove the scriptographer plugins

Date:  18. August 2009, 13:22

I've had the frozen toolbar problem & found that you can click on the options tab (top right) of the layers (or other command/option) palette and then your cursor is free again. It works every time.

Scripts
08.08.14, 15:24
15.05.14, 14:23
02.03.14, 19:16
18.11.13, 14:48
22.03.13, 03:05
22.02.13, 15:45
19.02.16, 06:03
19.02.16, 06:00
17.01.16, 11:00
12.01.16, 13:10
25.11.15, 08:19