Here is the full text of the current license agreement that is diplayed whenever the plugin or any script is downloaded. It would be good to discuss the content of that text here, and then rewrite it together to fit our needs better. The current version serves as a starting point.
- Scriptographer.com License Agreement
- The scripts included in the default installation of Scriptographer and the scripts available for download in the Scripts section of this website are both protected by a simple license:
- You are free:
- - to copy, distribute and modify the scripts
- - to display the graphical products of the scripts
- - to make commercial use of these products
- Under the following conditions:
- You must attribute the author of the script and Scriptographer, mentioning the URL http://www.scriptographer.com.
- If you alter, transform, or build upon a script, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one. For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
- Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- The Scriptographer plugin software itself is licensed under the GNU Public License (GPL):
- Refer to the following website for a human readable summary:
- Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
Please let me know your thoughts / input about a suitable license scheme.