Sg2.9
Another Installation Problem
Recent RSS
Another Installation Problem
From:  vikc
Date:  15. July 2006, 16:32

I got a similar error as Christoph's, with the msg box said

  • ----------------

null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
com.scriptographer.loader.Loader.loadClass(Lo [.... the msg clipped]

  • ----------------

then

  • ----------------

Cannot create ScriptographerEngine

  • ----------------

tried Christoph's way but no luck.

I'am using Illustrator CS2 on a winxp sp2, latest jre(build 1.5.0_07-b03) from sun

any suggest? thanks :-)

Re: Another Installation Problem
From:  christoph
Date:  16. July 2006, 21:21

look's like a problem with loader.jar.
maybe extracting this archive can help?

Re: Another Installation Problem
From:  Hiroyuki Sato
Date:  17. July 2006, 02:48

Hi vikc.
I also got exactly the same error messages at first.
In my case, on Japanese version of CS, Windows2000 and Java 1.4.2,
I got it working by just renaming the plugin folder,
(and specified this folder as a plugin folder in Illustrator's preference).
I renamed it to "Plug-ins" from its original name of 2-byte Japanese characters.
Then I also tried with several other names of 1-byte characters and found no problem.
If you are using non-English version of Illustrator, this kind of fix might be worth trying.
Version 0.5 of Scriptographer works fine without this fix.

Re: Another Installation Problem
From:  Jürg Lehni
Date:  17. July 2006, 11:02

That's very interesting, Hiroyuki. It seems that Java cannot handle the 2-byte folder names. I will investigate this, maybe it is just a problem with converting unicode names wrongly. Vikc, do also use non-english characters in your folder name?
I strongly disencourage to use 0.5 though, as the syntax is not compatible, and the software is discontinued. It works in this case because it does not use Java internally...

Re: Another Installation Problem
From:  vikc
Date:  18. July 2006, 08:34

Many thanks to you all.

I do use a Simplified-Chinese edition of Illustrator cs2, and the problem is solved successfully by following Hiroyuki's suggests, removing the non-ascii chars in the folder name. I believe it's caused by the Java engine handling unicode or other charset. And it's very likely that this problem will occur on other non-english users. So I would suggest list this info in the install instrution.

I get Sg working now, thanks for your help again.

Scripts
08.08.14, 15:24
15.05.14, 14:23
02.03.14, 19:16
18.11.13, 14:48
22.03.13, 03:05
22.02.13, 15:45
Posts
10.01.17, 16:37
19.02.16, 06:03
19.02.16, 06:00
17.01.16, 11:00
12.01.16, 13:10
25.11.15, 08:19
Script of the Moment
Phyllotactic Spirals 25.03.11