The long awaited version 2.0.024 of Scriptographer has finally been released.
It fixes many bugs that haunted the forum over the past weeks, among these:
- Memory leaks that lead to OutOfMemory exceptions
- Loading on Windows with Unicode characters in folder names
- Various text related bugs that caused text changes not to be reflected in the Scriptographer objects
And here some of the newly introduced features:
- Added new global objects: app, script, scriptographer
- Implemented script.onStart / script.onStop callback hooks
- Introduced script.preferences, an object where values can be persisted and retrieved from per script
- Dialog.prompt uses script.preferences internally to persist the last user entered values and remember these
- scriptographer.version, scriptographer.revision, app.version and app.revision can be used to check the version of Scriptographer and Illustrator
- Raster and PlacedItems can be created by passing a URL resource which is then loaded from the net
It also introduces some API changes. Read more about this in a dedicated forum post, and please post your reactions about the changes there too.